Finding the right person to marry you is an important decision. The person you choose as your wedding officiant will have a huge influence on your ceremony and set the tone for your wedding day. You will want to make sure that you find a wedding officiant who is willing to perform the type of ceremony you want. A good wedding officiant will take the time to understand your personalities, style, and beliefs so that together you can create the perfect ceremony. AZ Ceremony wedding officiants understand the importance of creating a ceremony uniquely designed for you.
AZ Ceremony strongly encourages you to seek a wedding officiant that will listen and work with your ideas. We encourage you to ask questions. We have listed a few questions to ask a potential wedding officiant.
This is not an exhaustive list and not every question may be applicable to your situation.
- Will the officiant allow you to customize your ceremony?
- Will you receive a copy of the ceremony script before the wedding?
- Will the officiant provide information on different types of ceremonies and ceremony script examples?
- Can you write your own vows?
- What is the officiant’s fee and if there are additional charges – mileage, rehearsals, specialty ceremonies, etc?
- Will the officiant allow photography during the ceremony?
- Will the officiant allow guest speakers or a co-officiant?
- Does the officiant require a contract?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How many ceremonies has the officiant performed?
- What style of ceremony does the officiant like to perform?
- What is the officiant’s attire?
- Will the officiant provide a copy of their license?
- What is the best way to contact the officiant?