Simple Tips for Planning a Spring Wedding
The mere thought of spring usually evokes visions of bright sunny days, beautiful blooming flowers, and yes, the sound of wedding bells. It is every potential couple’s dream to have their weddings perfectly planned out for the warmer months. From your wedding venue to food, drinks, and parking space for the guests, you would want to make sure you make the most of the warmer months. In order to make sure your big day goes smoothly as you have always dreamt of, there are several ways through which you can ensure that spring wedding is a huge success. These include but not limited to the following:
· Go for unique wedding colors: Who says you must stick to the same pastels that are synonymous with spring weddings? There are lots of trending color combinations that can make your wedding color stand out from others. You can add contrasting colors to your chosen pastels to create that elegant look. For example, you combine pink and chocolate brown, sky blue and brown, coral and latte, lavender and lemon green, etc. If you are the more daring type, you can go for bold and vibrant colors but not more than two combinations.
· Be ready for any weather: The fact that your wedding is being held in warmer months does not mean you should not prepare for any surprise weather on that day. A little drizzle might be blessing on your wedding day but what happens if it actually rains? Don’t leave things to chances. Take precautions by having the outdoor reception area covered with a tent. This will ensure that whether it rains or shines, your wedding parade is safe and happy, so also are your guests.
· Appropriate reception venues: As you make plans for your wedding, the reception venue is a very integral part of your day that should be given utmost attention. Take your time to look at multiple reception sites. The size of the venue is mostly determined by the number of guests expected at your wedding. For example, if you have a small list, then you can settle for a small reception ground. However, if yours is a huge list, getting a small space will only make your guests feel suffocated and uncomfortable. If there will be music and dances on your big day, then settle for a wedding venue with enough space, more so, the area should be one that does not have noise restriction.
· Stick to your budget: Whether you are working with an event planner or coordinating your spring wedding yourself, it is important you have a budget and stick to it. In order to ensure you achieve this, you should let the vendors you will be working with get an idea of what your budget is for each specific part. For example, the florist and caterers should know your budget. With this, they will be able to make some cost-saving and creative ideas that would help you achieve your dream wedding without exceeding your budget.
· Adequate lighting: Don’t forget that you are in the warmer months and as such, the type of lighting you choose for your reception venue is very important. Not only would bright overhead lights disturb the vision of your guests, it might make the space a little warmer than necessary. Instead of brighter lights, you can try installing softer colored light bulbs. From pinks to peaches and softest blue, you can always get lights that would rather soften the appearance of your guests instead of blinding and suffocating them with heat.
These are just a few of the tips that would help you planning a memorable spring wedding for yourself or a loved one. In a situation where erecting tents over the reception space is not an option, there is something else you can do, especially if yours is a small list. You can consider buying golf umbrellas in spring colors for your guests. This way, they can be mobile if they choose to, without exposing themselves to drizzles or excessive sunlight. This has a unique way of adding that chic touch to your wedding. Now you can see that all it takes is just a few simple steps to completely eliminate most of the stress that is synonymous with planning that fairytale spring wedding.